2020/2021 ROUND 2 ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISES [100 LEVEL (BOTH REGULAR WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING (FOR LAGOS INDIGENES ONLY) AND REGULAR WITH COMPREHENSIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING (FOR ALL CANDIDATES )] AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES.
SCREENING/CHANGE OF COURSE FOR PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES WHO ARE YET TO BE OFFERED ADMISSION.
A. In furtherance to the Statutory law of Lagos State University, with respect to the Admission Quota given to the Indigenes of Lagos State, the University wishes to inform the general public that, in the ongoing 2020/2021 Admission Screening Exercise, there are some vacancies to be filled, by ONLY Indigenes of Lagos State, who chose LASU as Institution of First Choice, in Regular without COMPREHENSIVE Entrepreneurship Training Programme. The Tuition Fees for the programme is Sixty-seven Thousand, forty-eight Naira, Fifty Kobo (N67,048.50) only, per session.
B. Applications are also invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2020/2021 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular with COMPREHENSIVE Entrepreneurship Training Programme), for ALL candidates seeking admission. This ONLINE screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for admission into the B.Sc./B.A. WITH CERTIFICATES IN ENTERPRENUESHIP PROGRAMME of the Lagos State University. The Tuition Fees for this SPECIAL PROGRAMME is One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150,000.00) only per session, on first come, first served basis.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT THEY CAN ONLY APPLY FOR ONLY EITHER OF A OR B ABOVE DURING THE ADMISSION SCREENING. CANDIDATES MUST NOT SCREEN FOR BOTH A AND B.
2.ELIGIBILITY FOR CHANGE OF COURSE/SCREENING
A. Prospective Candidates who chose LASU as Institution of First Choice and have participated in the recently concluded online Admission Screening Exercise of Lagos State University OR Candidates of Lagos State Origin, who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University. Candidates WITH THE STATUS “NO ADMISSION OFFERED YET” would not be required to pay for the Change of Course.
B. Prospective Candidates who chose LASU as their Institution of First Choice and seek admission into the Regular with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Training Programme.
C. PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE SPACES AVAILABLE ARE QUITE LIMITED.
3. LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES AVAILABLE FOR CHANGE OF COURSE/SCREENING ON LASU WEBSITE
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2020/2021 Online Admission Change of Course Exercise on LASU Web Site. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which THEY POSSESS RELEVANT REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION i.e. Five O Level Requirements (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) and Four UTME Subject Combinations.
– Accounting- Banking & Finance- Business Administration- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management- Insurance- Local Government Development & Administration- Management Technology- Marketing- Public Administration
B. LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular student with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship)
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed in A. aboveare available in the SPECIAL PROGRAMME for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. except all courses in the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.
LIST OF ENTREPRENEURIAL CERTIFICATE COURSES OFFERED
In addition to the B. Sc. / B. A. Courses offered in item B. above, Certificates will be awarded in the following Entrepreneurial Courses in the Regular with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Programme. 1. Access Control Installation and Management 2. Animal Husbandry (Snail breeding, Grass Cutter breeding) 3. Awards, Packaging and Screen Printing 4. Bead making 5. Block making industry (Vibrated or engine molds/Hand molds 6. Build, Installation and Repair of Inverter/Solar Panel 7. Building Drawing 8. Building Applications in PHP 9. Cake Baking, Snacks, Sugar Craft (Free Hand Modelling) 10. CCTV Camera Installation and Management 11. Certificate in Aquatic food processing 12. Certificate in Aquatic Product Business 13. Certificate in Artisanal Fisheries Operation and Management 14. Certificate in Brood-stock development and Management 15. Certificate in Environmental management in fisheries and aquaculture 16. Certificate in Fish Farm Cluster and Terminal Management 17. Certificate in Fish farm clusters and fish 18. Certificate in Fish farming business 19. Certificate in Fish feed manufacturing 20. Certificate in Fish Fingerling Production, Marketing and Distribution 21. Certificate in Fish health management 22. Certificate in Fisheries and Aquaculture Value Chain 23. Certificate in Industrial Fisheries Operation and Management 24. Certificate in Local and International fish business 25. Certificate in Ornamental fish business 26. Certificate in Public, private Partnership in fisheries and Aquaculture (PPP) 27. Certificate in Shrimp and Prawn farming business 28. Certificate in Water quality analysis and management 29. Certification of Trade Apprentice 30. Coconut value chain 31. Computer & Laptop repairs & Maintenance, Networking Mobile Phone repairs and Maintenance 32. Concrete Mixer Handling 33. Courier and logistics Management 34. Crop Farming 35. Data Analysis AND Data Processing (Excel & SPSS) 36. Database Management Essentials 37. Data Recovery Specialist/Technician 38. Decoders and Internet Marketing 39. Digital Forensic Specialist/Technician 40. Digital Marketing 41. Distribution Channel & Logistics Management 42. Drama and Entertainment 43. Draughtmanship 44. Entrepreneurship Training in Beekeeping 45. Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security Specialist/Technician 46. Event Management & Hall Decoration 47. Event planning and Management 48. Fiber Optic Cable Installation and Management 49. Food processing and cake production 50. Garment Construction, Pattern Drafting, Bridal Designs and Evening Wears 51. Home Electronics (Domestic appliances) Repairs and management 52. Hotel Management 53. Import and Export Processing Entrepreneurship 54. Interlocking/paving stones for private and commercial premises 55. Laptop/ Desktop Handset Repairs 56. Leather works 57. Make-ups and cosmetics 58. Packaging and Marketing Entrepreneurship 59. Photograph/Image Editing 60. Photography 61. POP (Plaster of Paris) for buildings construction 62. Real Estate Entrepreneurship 63. Security Operations and Management 64. Server Technician (Installations and Management) 65. Soap, Detergent and Toiletries Production 66. Structured Cabling & Wireless Installation and Management 67. Tailoring and Fashion Design 68. Tourism Management 69. Training and Teaching of Bread Making 70. Training in Fibre-Reinforced Plastic Tanks Construction 71. Training in Paint Making (Emulsion/ Texture Coatings) And Allied Products 72. Training on Borehole Drilling and Water Treatment 73. Training on Solar Energy System, Design, Installation and Maintenance 74. Vegetable Production. Maize farming, Cassava farming) 75. Videography, Finishing School Generally 76. Water Treatment and Packaging 77. Website Development 78. Welding, Metal Works and Fabrication 79. Writing and Publishing
4.METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. 2020/2021 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
13. Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, and your SURNAME, then click on PROCEED. Then click “Start
Admission Screening” button.
14. At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Then, select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from “Type of Screening”, then enter/purchase the LASU POST UTME SCREENING PIN to continue with the filling of the Self-Screening form.
15. Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that all Screened Candidate must login into their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
16. Candidate can repeat the above procedure if there is need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate will be required to visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and make payment for PIN 2, PIN 3, PIN 4 etc. The subsequent PINs other than PIN 1 can be used for data correction
B. ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
==> After successful payment for LASU 2020/2021 Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ngand Click LOGIN button to print your SCREENING PIN.
==> Carefully fill in your personal details as required
==> Save and proceed
==> Carefully enter your UTME details
==> Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
==> Save and proceed
==> Select number of O’ level sitting(s)
==> Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
==> Save and proceed
==> Input required O’ Level details
==> Save and proceed
* Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY 1 sitting.
* Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one other Science subject and any other subject.
* Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
* Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
* Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise
* Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before they can proceed with the Online Screening.
==> Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
==> CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
==> By ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
==> Click the continue button
==> After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
==> Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING GRADING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
· The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course
· Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening
· The Point grading system is as follows:
OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
Candidates should know that INDICATION OF INTEREST FOR A NEW COURSE OF STUDY (CHANGE OF COURSE) on LASU Website, would last for TWO DAYS i.e. from Thursday, 24th to Monday 28th December 2020 (12 midnight).